Monday, December 22, 2008

I jinxed it

As you all know I have been mocking talking about the lack of snow here, and how the City shuts down for traces of snow. I am now hiding out in my house unable to leave because of all the snow. How lucky for me that I live here when they have the worst storm they have had in 30 yrs.

Okay so I don't know the exact statics, just hear say. I have been told be numerous people that it snows about 2-3times a year here, but it isn't enough to cover the blades of grass and is all gone by the afternoon.
Right now we have about 12-18in of snow (depending on which snow drift you check). This isn't a bad amount of snow, I can handle it. The only problem is The City can't, they don't have the equipment to handle it.
The City (tries) to keep the freeways clear, but you have to (by law) have chains on your tires to get on any freeway or county roads. They don't even attempt to plow any side roads, even busy side roads. So all though I trust myself to drive in this weather (I did learn to drive in the snow). I don't trust the others around here that aren't used to it. Lucky me, I made fun of them for the little amount of snow and now I am stuck inside.

*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

5 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! I sure wish it would snow here!

Brenda said...

Yeah, we are getting the same storms on this side of the state also. It is record breaking snowfall here and we are expecting another storm tomorrow so you will probably get it first! Our city does a little better with the plows though - hope all your Christmas shopping is done!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I remember a snow storm like that in PA and school was closed for over a week because they just had to wait for all the snow to melt. It was so crazy. At least it is a holiday so you can just cozy up and enjoy Christmas!!! Good luck!

Jenn said...

hahaha, me too only now for us they called a snow day and expect the kids to make it up sometime... and we only got three inches. hahaha don't you wish you were here?

Rhonda said...

So beautiful, especially reading in front of a fireplace.