Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I am so Confused

I am so confused, I don't know what to do. I need your help, but first...

This weekend we went for a drive. We thought why not visit a place that will put our lives, and our kids lives in danger. I know a Volcano!

It was so cool to see where the lava had flown down and created these huge gullies of black rock



There was also many great views, most of them had no place to park and look at :(

The kids could not handle the 5 or so hours we were in the car, they crashed


So here is my problem. I want to go to my brothers wedding in another state. I don't want to go with out my kids. I don't think I can handle 2 kids alone on a plane. I will have no husband with me and will be on 4 different planes (2 there 2 back). I really want to go so bad, but after the long ride on Sunday, I don't think I can handle it. Any advice on what you would do?


*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

8 comments:

Gina said...

This is my personal opinion and I do completely understand your perspective...and I understand if you decide not to come after all. BUT...I think that since your in-laws offered to keep the kids, you should take a weekend off, have a really fun break alone, and just come! Your kids will survive without you and everything will be okay! Just come...have fun...and take a break!! ;)

Charlotte said...

I have done it by myself with two kids. It isn't fun, but definitely worth seeing your brother's wedding. I recommend anti-nausea medicine. Not only will it help with the turbulence, it helps keep them sleeping.

Brenda said...

I wish I had some great advice, but alas, I have nothing. The plane might be miserable (maybe some meds for the kids) but the memories might be priceless....good luck :)

Rhonda said...

Talk to Bop and I know he will be a great help. Take along a dvd player and movies.

Melissa Baird said...

AH, that's tough. If someone offers to take your kids, I'd consider it, even though having the kids would be nice.

Also, you'd survive if you took them on a plane. it would be crazy and you'd probably hate it, but you could do it.

I've got this problem coming up soon. My brother is getting married this spring in Arizona and I'm clear up in Montana. My hubby will be in the thick of things at school, so he will not be able to go. Flying out of Montana is the most expensive thing in the world. There is no such thing as a cheap flight here, so we would not be able to afford to fly. But a two day drive by myself with kids? Ewwwww.

Kalli said...

Ok so I would still do it cause people are pretty nice on planes and the airline workers are great too and once you get to the wedding you will have family to help so I say go for it seriously just take a lot of treats and books and things to keep the kids busy on the plane.

Kalli said...

I just read what Gina said and if the in-laws will take the boys then go alone seriously thats what I would do over all the advice.

Anna said...

I agree with Kalli and Gina, If you can get someone else to watch them that would me #1. And honestly, you deserve a break! #2 would be to take them. I bet it's not as bad as you think. I think you definitely should go though.