The other night I was watching a show so Dad took Bop upstairs to read books. A few minutes later Dad went into the kitchen got ice cream for him and Bop then went back upstairs. When Dad told Bop he had ice cream, the first thing Bop asked was, "Does Mom know?". Dad said,"No but its okay" Bop told dad "I think we should ask mom" When Dad came down to ask me (tell me the cute story). Bop also came down stairs to make sure dad had asked. I think it is safe to say Bop knows who wears the pants in the relationship.Last night we were doing our bed routine. It starts right after Dinner, we clean the downstairs first. Bop and I started cleaning (Burner made himself scarce) about 10 seconds into cleaning I realized it was my friends birthday and I had forgotten to email her. (Yes I know I should call her, but some people call, I email.) I jumped on the computer emailed her and then got sidetracked checking my inbox. By the time I was finished, I realized Bop was too. He had cleaned all except a handful of things up. I was amazed at how good he had done, he just kept cleaning and did it all by himself. I thought to myself he deserves something for this. I told him he could stop cleaning and watch a movie or play and I would do the rest (including the upstairs) by myself. I asked him what he wanted to do, his response. "I want to help you clean mom"
I honestly think Bop is the greatest kid in the world. I am hoping that as Burner gets bigger he will be as honest and hardworking as Bop. Seeing as Burner adores Bop, and imitates him in everyway he can, I am sure he will grow out of his Stitch stage soon.
*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*
5 comments:
Our kids do the same thing to Scott (asking me for permission for the things he says)! What a good little boy...he sounds a lot like a little girl I know.
I hope I have kids like that. Industrious and clean, I mean. How cute! And helpful!
Wow, he really is a great kid. Can you rent him out?
it must be the parenting because i know for a fact that my girls do not care if permisson was granted if they see sugar they are eating it! pluss i can not get them to clean anyhing even if i have to take it away for a month (the month of august they had no toys at all they were all in the garage in a box) i am jessious!
You definitely have a very hard worker. Hey, my kids were the same way.
Post a Comment