Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We are moving to...

Before I tell you where we are moving let me explain why.
1) My husband hates debt to no end. We have recently been talking about his student loans and making sure we add them into our budget to pay them off as fast as possible.
2) While on vacation I talked to my brother about the benefits of joining the Army. One big plus is they will pay for schooling or repay student loans.
2b) Since my husband has a BA (almost) he will be enrolled as an officer and will not have to start at the bottom of the barrel
2c) Since he has a family, he will most likely have a desk job.
3) The biggest down fall to the Army is that you move a lot. We do that anyways. In fact I think the Army moves you less then my Husband moves me.

So now you know the reasons behind the decision to join the Army. We don't know where we are moving, but when he signed the paper work this morning they guessed he would be stationed in GERMANY!? Wow I honestly don't know what to think.


*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Whoa, didn't see that one coming! When will you find out where you're going? Holy cow. I don't really see your husband in army, but I'm sure he can do it. Good luck!

Rhonda said...

You had me for a second but then I remembered it was April 1st. I was about to come get Papa Bear and explain why he shouldn't do it. Good one.

Misty said...

I just figured that I wouldn't believe ANYTHING today and had to be completely convinced. Too bad you aren't moving back!

The Crazies said...

Please don't hate me. I have been so busy that I didn't even see this until tody 4/9. I am such a rotten friend. Forgive me? We have to catch up. I Miss you.