Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nursery for Burner !?

Burner had his first official Nursery today. I say official because we have been easing him into it by going with him, to class. Today was the first day that we dropped him off and left.


He looks so cute and grown up
but what you all want to know is did he like nursery?
For the answer press play below.








He hated it.

He cried hysterically for about an hour then stopped only long enough to mess his diaper. (I think he knew it would get him out of there).

When I was taking him to change his diaper he was doing the little hiccups that you do after you have been crying really hard. When I asked if he was having fun he told me "no", when I asked if he wanted to go back he told me "no"

I took him back in anyways.

I hoped that since it was snack time he would be fine. He was fine for about 5 min, then he choked on a cracker. He signed "milk" but the teachers didn't know what he wanted so he started crying again. They came and got me so I could interpret for them.

Burner wouldn't let me out of his sight after that. I ended up staying the rest of the time.

But on the plus side,
1.when we got home, he was so happy, maybe even that happiest he has ever been.
2. The video that you just watched is so cute, it was all almost worth it.


*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

10 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

I know, I know, I said his name in the video. O well life goes on.

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...

He si soooooooooo cute!! Oh my your going to have your hands for with those two good looking boys. I love them both... I think you live here I lived with I lived in Washington???

Gina said...

He is so cute! Ohh, I want to squeeze my little nephews!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

He'll get the hang of it. Brenda's having a hard time with her kid too. Although I must say, I'm very grateful we are 2 weeks in and yet to have a problem (keep my fingers crossed)

Brenda said...

ahh, the joys and pains of nursery. We are going through the same thing. our little one cries the whole time. oh well.

Kalli said...

Hahaah you did say his name but how sad I would be so depressed if Kai didn't like nursery so I am sorry I hope he comes around, how old is he anyways? Oh and about your comment on my blog we were busy for a month and now have nothing cool planned for another year lol that is how we do things overload and then bordem plus I have the hardest time keeping up with my blog that post should have been three seperate posts but oh well...love ya

Rhonda said...

I am so sad for him. Your big brother went in and didn't look back. It was a different story for the rest of you. He does look so cuddly and yet so grown up. The video is hilarious.

mama cow said...

This is going to sound braggy....ok it is braggy but Ryan has been going to nursery since December and he LOVES IT! His official start date is in two weeks but I dont think he is going to turn on us any time soon, there are too many kids to bully and the snacks flow freely. Hope it gets better for you!

Jenn said...

My little boy can go in december.... okay i just wanted to fit in... lol... so i am sorry that he does not like it, he will soon i am shure. hang in there.

Charlotte said...

I've often thought that 18 months is the worst time to put a child in- that is right when stranger anxiety heightens. I think 14 months is a much better time so they are used to it before 18 months. That said, my kids didn't have too much trouble, so I don;t have any advice. Good luck!