Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How is that even possible?

Do you every do something and then later when you tell someone about it the first thing they do is laugh, and the second thing they do is ask, "how is that even possible"
I have a story like this, but it actually happened about 7 yrs ago, but I was recently reminded of it and thought it was a great story to share.
So first, here is what I did.
I locked my keys in my car while in a drive-thru at a bank.
Now, a little more about the story.
It was so embarrassing, every one that pulled up behind me, first gave me nervous looks, ( I am sure they were wondering if this extremely scary girl was going to try and rob them). Then I would have to go up to their window and tell them they had to go around because my keys were locked in my car.

Needless to say (but I am still going to say it) I got laughed at A LOT.

Of course the bank was super busy at the time because the mall had just closed and all the stores were dropping off their nightly deposits.

Finally, How I managed this impossible task.
I was, like so many others, putting the nightly deposit from my store in the deposit box at the bank. Out of habit I always open my door and lock it simultaneously. So I jumped out shut the door, put the deposit in the slot, waited, checked to make sure it went into the bank and didn't get stuck. I then went back to my car and started to laugh at how impressive I was to do this.

It took road side assistance 45 min to get to me. (It would have taken my husband 50 min.) So I sat and explained my story to all the other employees at the mall and was thankful none of them knew which store I was from.

So my question to you, have any of you accomplished such impossible tasks? Or do any of you have great stories about locking your keys in your car?


*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Very funny. I have locked my keys in the car too many times to laugh too hard, though.