Thursday, July 23, 2009

And here we go again!

The kids are both in bed.
Mom and Dad just turn on their movie.
We hear little foot steps creaking down the stairs.
Dad looks at Mom and says "Bop is awake"
Mom looks at Dad and says "That's weird he was pretty zonked out a minute ago"
Burner peeks his head around the corner and says "heee heee heee"
his eyes say "guess what I know how to do"
Back in May Burner mastered the art of climbing out of his Playard/ Sleeper. I assumed that when we got back from vacation he would easily climb out of his crib, but he never tried it.

I was very bewildered, but happy that he wasn't going to give us that headache yet.

Last night he climbed out like a pro. I went and put him back in his bed and peeked through the door to see what he would do. I wasn't even to the door yet and he was half way out, sliding down the side of the crib.

I am not excited for nap/ bed times.



*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

That is always a sad, sad day.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Good luck! We moved Abe into a big boy bed a few weeks before Tyler was born. I was so worried about it, but fortunately he doesn't get out except for in the morning when he wakes up. I think he's afraid to get out when it is dark.

Meredith said...

Ooh, that's too bad. You should put a top on the crib and make it into a cage. Although you'd most likely get in trouble for that one with CPS. But at least your kids would stay in bed!

Brenda said...

Oh no. We just put our little one his age into a big bed, last night was our first trial run. It went pretty good. Good luck with nap time!