Bop has had issues sleeping in his own bed since he has been out of a crib. He has it set in his mind that he has to be able to see mom and dad's room to sleep. Because of this, he sleeps on the floor. Sometimes in his doorway, sometimes in the hall, sometimes in our doorway. He tells me he is scared to sleep when he can't see us. I of course remember being young and having bad dreams and wanting to sleep with mom and dad so I have let him get away with it.
A little while back, Bop started asking me obsessively for more Geo Tracks Trains to play with. I guess the 3 he had were not enough. We struck a deal, if he would sleep in his own bed for 10 days then I would buy him more trains. This wasn't a good deal to him, so he counter offered. If he slept in his bed for 10 days he wanted Dad to buy him new trains. Okay deal!
So it took him about 2 weeks but he did it. He got his new trains. The 4 closest, are his new ones. He loves them and plays with them daily
The best part is, he has enough to share with Burner. I think Burner loves them equally as much as Bop, if not more.
A little while back, Bop started asking me obsessively for more Geo Tracks Trains to play with. I guess the 3 he had were not enough. We struck a deal, if he would sleep in his own bed for 10 days then I would buy him more trains. This wasn't a good deal to him, so he counter offered. If he slept in his bed for 10 days he wanted Dad to buy him new trains. Okay deal!
So it took him about 2 weeks but he did it. He got his new trains. The 4 closest, are his new ones. He loves them and plays with them dailyThe best part is, he has enough to share with Burner. I think Burner loves them equally as much as Bop, if not more.

*When leaving a comment please don't use our real names in order to help keep my info a little more private thank you*
5 comments:
that is a great bribe I think I hope Kai is easy to swith from his crib to his bed....we'll see
My kids LOVE geo trax! They have a hard time setting them up so I have to do it for them. but then they play for a while.
I love bribery. Maybe i should try it to keep my 4 year old in bed. I like your negotiations. Did he think Dad would buy him more? Was he right?
Bop is quite good at negotiating. I was looking at some pictures of him with mom tonight and we were saying how old he looks. I miss you guys!
He is great at negotiating. I think it is because his mom always would say let us talk about it. I am glad he is now in his bed.
Post a Comment