Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Zoo Without Animals

When it comes down to it, my kids are spoiled.
They are always out and about doing activities.
They have gotten to the point where the Zoo isn't about animals anymore.
The first thing they always want to do is play on the playground.



They can't resist the African Elephant Statue that sprays them with water.

Of course the Carousel is a big hit.

My personal favorite is the Lion Drinking Fountain.
It is what I remember the most about the Zoo from when I was young.

However, I think the main reason they like to go to the Zoo, is to spend time with their cousins.
On Our most recent trip to the Zoo, the only animals we saw were the 2 the kids got to touch.
A Turtle and a Opossum.


2 comments:

Meredith said...

Ew, I'm not sure I'd want to touch an opossum. Of course, I've only ever seen one that had been run over by a car, so that might be why.

Rhonda said...

It was so HOT but oh so much fun.