Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Christmas Tradition.

This year we have started a new tradition for Christmas. The kids get to open up one gift every night, from Thanksgiving night until Christmas Eve.

All right, so how many of you think I am crazy?

Hold judgement for a minute.

The gifts are all the same... well kind of. They are all books. We bought 31 Christmas or Holiday themed books. The boys take turns each night opening up the gift they choose, then we all sit together and read it.
We have been doing it for a couple of days now, and the boys love it. I am glad we did it, and I hope it is repeated in the future making it a fun new tradition for our family.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I had the plan to do that exact thing this year...but I didn't have enough books collected yet. I bet it's awesome though!

Tucker Mom said...

That is a good idea. One can't ready too many books. Nice parent child activity.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I love that idea! I think I would do it like the twelve days of Christmas. That seems more manageable and cheaper, while still keeping the awesomeness of the idea intact! Thanks for the cool idea, Becca Lou! You are so dang awesome!