Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Dad's Broken Heart.

Most of you know by now, but I am posting this for the few that may not know. My Dad found out he has an Aneurysms at the aortic root (nearer the heart). These are prone to rupture at sizes closer to 5 cm and must be treated more aggressively. His aneurysm is right next to the heart and is 5.4 cm. He will have to get open heart surgery for sure with in the next six months, but it will more likely be in the next few weeks. Right now they are doing tests to figure out what they will be dealing with when they operate.

UPDATE: He has surgery scheduled for February 4th.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

That's so scary. I've been praying for him.

Charlotte said...

Best of luck! I'll keep him in my prayers. Is it fairly routine?

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I'm glad you posted a few more details. We've been wondering! Praying for you guys!

Mom at Our House said...

@ Charlotte- The Dr. doing the surgery does 500-600 of them a year. I don't know if that qualifies it as routine, but it isn't rare either.

Best Family said...

Let me know if you need anything. I hope everything goes well. You are in our prayers.